Starting a Business in Edmonton, Alberta

Any business that operates within the city of Edmonton will need a business license.

There is different fees and regulations that are required depending on the type of business that you are starting.  If you plan on working out of your home you will need a home business license.  If you plan on working out of a commercial location then you will need a development license and then a business license.

Each city as different regulations and even though these may not seem very fair in some cases, the regulations are in place to protect the consumer.  If there was no regulations in place then the consumer might get hurt or ripped off in some way.  Remember two things, these consumers are your  clients and potential clients, and you are sometimes a consumer as well.  Do you want to do business with someone that might be putting you or your family in harms way?  If you live in Calgary check out Starting a Business In Calgary

To get your business license or get the process of having your business approved you can visit:

This is located in the HSBC building on the 5th floor

Current Planning Service Centre

Sustainable Development
5th Floor, 10250-101 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 3P4

Hours of Operation:

Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM

Or visit for more information or to fill out the applications online.

Leave A Reply (No comments So Far)

No comments yet